“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- Try another direction, tack, or plan.
- Ask a friend for help.
- Go for a walk, clear your mind, get back to work.
- Take action, do anything, keep your momentum moving forward.
- Read a book, surf the web.
- Call a past customer or client.
- Go to an event/meeting.
- Hop on a webinar or e-learning conference call.
- Go visit your competition.
- Hit the museum — I always get inspiration from that.
- Get in your car and drive.
- Go to the gym.
- Have lunch with past colleagues.
- Read Fast Company, Wired, Inc., or Entrepreneur.
- Meditate, pray, or do yoga – center yourself.
In the end, don’t sit still and wallow in your failure. Stand up, regard it as a learning experience, and move forward.
What have you done to pick yourself up after you’ve failed?