One of my clients sent me their daily schedule. I was so blown away by it’s simplicity and it’s ability to fit many professional and personal things in — I just had to publish it for my audience. In their own words:
“I want to put myself on a schedule. I need a schedule where I meditate 2x per day, exercise, have ample time for self-education and time to relax.”
- 5:00 AM – Get Up.
- 5:00 to 6:00 AM — Meditate for 20 minutes, Walk for 30 minutes, Lift weights for 10 minutes.
- 6:00 to 6:30 AM — Eat Breakfast, Coffee.
- 6:30 to 7:30 AM — Self-Education.
- 7:30 to 8:30 AM — Get Ready for work.
- 8:30 to 9:00 AM — Drive to work, Listen to Audiobooks/Podcasts.
- 9:00 to 5:00 PM — Work.
- 5:00 to 5:30 PM — Drive home, Listen to Audiobooks/Podcasts.
- 5:30 to 6:00 PM — Meditate.
- 6:00 to 7:00 PM — Cook & Eat Dinner.
- 7:00 to 8:30 PM — Self-Education.
- 8:30 to 9:00 PM — Ready for Bed.
- 9:00 to 10:00 PM — Relax, Read, Watch TV.
- 10:00 PM — Go To Bed.
My client is a successful senior executive at a prestigious company who has accomplished a lot and has been gainfully employed and promoted regularly. They’re not a slacker.
As you can see, they get it all done in a relaxed schedule, allocating adequate time for all of their activities. Of course there might be subtle deviations due to travel, emergencies, and unplanned activities, but for the most part, they stick to this plan.
So for all the people out there who say they “don’t have the time” — Yes, You DO.