I coached a client this morning and got them focused and targeted. I thought I’d share it with you:
I call it ENERGETIC ENTHUSIASM.
Let’s say you have a strict deadline to deliver — 30 days to complete your task. So you have to get off your butt and get it done.
FACT: Dig deep into your well and pull out the energy to get things done quickly. But you also have to couple it with a deep sense of true enthusiasm to ensure you don’t run out of steam halfway through.
The bad news: It’s hard to start.
It’s like a lawn mower in the back of your shed — you need to use it, but you haven’t pulled the cord for years. It might take 5-10 minutes of pulling, sweating, and swearing — but when it’s complete — it’s running and you are off cutting grass.
The good news:
It’s easy to maintain. Once you start the enthusiasm engine, the energy just flows from all of your pores. Ideas flow, people are caught up in the maelstrom, and you just keep going, going, going.
The only caveat: Stay away from energy vampires. They are (in no real order):
- Gossipy colleagues and friends
- The piles of paper, to-do’s, and mess in your office (you need this guy)
- Family members who complain
- The news, media or any resource that thrives on bad news
- Surfing – set a specific time to surf and then get off the web
Energy vampires will sap your energy in no time flat.
Keep the enthusiasm cycle moving & keep your energy up. Here are some energy service stations:
- Exercise – do anything, go for a walk, workout, anything – get a personal trainer.
- Music – get your favorite jazzy tunes and listen – iTunes
- Motivational speakers – Zig Ziglar, Anthony Robbins, Gary Vaynerchuk
- Dance/Sing – move your body and your voice, do Zumba!
- Meet energizing people – say hello to everyone and wish them a great day, go here.
- Spiritual – Go to church/temple/mosque/meetinghouse – commune with God
- Meditate – If you don’t know how – check John Mercede out
- Brainstorm with your team or boss – go offsite and think outside of the box
Don’t just get a little energy — couple it with enthusiasm.
Don’t just get a little enthusiasm — bind it with energy.
You won’t know what hit you, your career and your life.
What do you do to develop your Energetic Enthusiasm?
POST YOUR QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS BELOW
P.S. How did you like this article? Let me know. Are you interested in what I can do for you? Let’s talk. I work with people from all over the world who need to fill up their energy service stations — call me to schedule a complimentary session.